To improve the quality of health care through research and medical education by collaborations between Kelsey-Seybold Clinic and institutions affiliated not only within the Texas Medical Center but around the world.
About the Kelsey Research Foundation
The Kelsey Research Foundation is writing tomorrow's textbooks of medicine through innovative research. Located in Houston, Texas the foundation facilitates clinical trials between the Kelsey Seybold patient population and top scientists throughout the world.
In 1956, Drs. John Kelsey, Mavis Kelsey, William Leary, and Albert Owers established the Kelsey and Leary Foundation to support medical research and education in the Houston area. Initially, the Foundation made grants to institutions and research programs in the Texas Medical Center, including funding for the first electron microscope used in clinical medicine at The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, an intra-aortic balloon pump for the Texas Heart Institute, and support for diabetes research at Baylor College of Medicine, among many others. Over the years, the Foundation became the Kelsey Research Foundation and is focused on health services and outcomes research, partnering with physicians, hospitals, universities, as well as the local research community to improve the quality of patient care and health outcomes for all.